Sunday 16 January 2011

Chocolate!

Haven't done anything over the last 2 days due to a combination of aching, over tiredness and lack of time although I've tried my best to maintain my healthy eating.

Started with a healthy breakfast of boiled egg with brown bread soldiers and a cup of tea cooked by my second mother, Mrs Tout. Had a cinnamon and raisin bagel for lunch. Went for a cycle ride after that.

Follow this link for the map:

It didn't start out too bad but after about 5 minutes in the rain started pouring down and by 10 minutes I realised my waterproof wasn't actually as waterproof as I thought. Having found that out I decided I was committed and carried on. The wind picked up as I got down the seafront and it was a real effort keeping any speed up. Had to stop along the barrage to pump my tires up. That's what the vertical green line represents. By the time I got round the barrage I was feeling a bit cold and wet so I stopped in at Tesco to pick up a small chocolate bar for later (you can tell where it is on the map because it looks like a big blue blob because I forgot to pause my gps as I walked round which rather let down my average speed :( ). Starting off from there my foot holder on the pedal broke so I had to double back and pick it up, going to attempt to fix it tomorrow. By the time I was home I was so completely soaked through it was as if I'd been swimming, even my trainers were full of water. I jumped in the shower and warmed up.

I did some studying and had baked chicken, pepper and onion with mashed potato. I waited for that to go down and did a weights session as I decided that it would be ok for my body to ache tomorrow, but not the day after during the exam! So I'm sitting here typing this up with a nice cup of tea and my bar of chocolate, well deserved I feel!

4 comments:

  1. Excellent stuff Coel, well done. Sounds like you should look at a set of clipless pedals soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I was thinking that on the way back. Its incredible how much of a difference those things make, especially when its wet. My left foot kept coming off the peddle. Where do you recommend looking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. a bicycle shop would be a good place to start...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How'd you feel after the wet ride? Wet but elated? Often it's the best feeling, in that shower afterwards :)

    ReplyDelete